Hi WarrenI really like how those exhaust tips emerge. They look very “intentional” and “finished.” Nice.
I also like that engine hatch. I don’t think I saw or noticed that you’d made that before. Yeah, that cover is subtle and nice. Great work.
Hi WarrenStart up that beast! We want to hear it come to life. You’re so close. I’m a bit jealous.
I agree WillLove the progress Brett. But I have to ask .... is that front lower nose going to change angles or something? It just looks blocky compared to the rest of the car.
Sorry Brett! On the plus side it's not a priority to get it usable. I am looking forward to seeing the end result of the side pods.I agree Will
Not being able to see it from a distance till now it doesn't look right.
Well it looks like I got another thing to fix.
Sector I'm thinking of getting higher profile tires for the front to fix the ground clearance issue
If you make a gmail account you could upload it to YouTube, or if making accounts places is something you don't want to do you can use something like file.io and share the link here, somebody else could reupload it to their own YouTube channel for archival sake and repost that linkHi Warren
The beast is alive. Fired it up a few days ago. Once a few items were fixed (bad injectors) it purred like a kitten.
Engine light came on so I need to see what codes are setting that off and the alternator is not charging but I know thats because of the LED light I'm using and not using a incandescent bulb.
Under its own power it went from the garage into the driveway.
I don't know how many years its been since it was able to move under its own power (wasn't running when I got it). I've owned it for over 12 years and being #S009 its been around for a long while. Not sure what year it was made in.
Sorry to say, I'm unable to post a video of it. I don't belong to any social media sites except this one and the Nova site. So posting any links to a video of it running is impossible..
David (Islandman) has offered to help but the only way to post a video is to send him one via email but that brings up issues in itself. My email provider has limitations on the size of the email so if I do it that way it would have to be a very short video. Not really worth the effort.
In my situation the engine wiring harness that I used came out of a 1998 Subaru Legacy that had a automatic transmission in it.( didn't think much of it at the time)Excellent!
Random question: Did you have to actually change anything to “fix” the transmission code? I have a Factory Five 818 with a Subaru engine and an automatic transmission. The engine light has been on forever and the code that comes up is for the transmission which seems to be behaving just fine. I know your setup is different yet it overlaps with my 818. I’m so very tired of looking at that engine light.
do you still have the carThe front end rebuild is finally finished
New tie rod ends(for such an easy item it was the biggest pain)disc brake conversion, new torsion arms w/ball joints, new torsion leafs(as simple as they are, They were a pain also. I had to mix and match my old with the new to come up with something that worked), new steering box and pitman arm(another fun story), and height adjusters installed.
I also found a guy here in town that has parts for the transaxle so I can rebuild that next. The guy at the transmission shop said that instead of going to the after market side plates use one from a super beetle there stonger and cost less.
Started to convert the rear stub axles from type 1 CV's to Type 2 CV's and replaced the axle bearings and spacers.
I'm actually showing some progress.