I have a low poly one started using the drawings from the website but the are not accurate or scaled very well. If anyone wants a copy to work on. I will send you a copy. Atleast it is something to work with. Maybe someone with better skills than me. I have only been using Blender a couple of weeks.
This looks about as clean as it can get. It is in Griffin Ga.where my wife works. I may stop by to look at it if time permits.
The price is a little high but if it is as clean and well built as it looks it would be a good driver for someone not looking to put in a lot of wrench time.1976...
Now for the tank.
New brackets made to support the tank.
New brackets installed
Tank test fit. Plenty of room around for the rubber to keep everything still.
Now just need Hold down brackets down the sides.
A couple of weeks ago my new tank and oil pan came in that I ordered from Boyd welding. I broke down and sent them a DWG. of the tank and a new oil pan to get a quote. The tank was right at 500 bucks and the oil pan 125. Not to bad. the tank included all fittings fill and sending unit...
Time to make things stay still.
The powerglide transmission only has R N D 1 in it. No Park
Custom frame means custom everything else.
I am making a servo controlled e-brake to keep from mounting a hand brake or foot pedal.
Started with 1/2 inch conduit and made the pipe fit...
Front end assembly
I had my dad over for the weekend and we did the final assembly of the front end. Everything greased and tightened properly. No more test fits. All new grade 8 bolts in the proper amounts.
All the parts ready to go. Frame head installed with all new...
NEW BALL JOINTS
I installed new ball joints in the torsion arms. Everything went well using the Press I bought at the yard sale a few months ago. used a few sockets pit of one of my old 1" drive sets to help press everything in correctly.
Make sure to mark your locations in the notch before...
front beam adjusters and frame head
I welded in the front beam adjusters a couple of weeks ago. I took pictures but somehow most of them got miss placed or lost in the neverworld of the net. Just a note make sure you fully understand how your adjusters work and follow the instructions...
Well it is nice to have a weekend go as planned for once. Cleaned out the garage, helped my sis move, and still got the body on the Texas Red sterling.
I brought the body back Saturday and got it on the car this morning. Then gave it a good cleaning.
I have the hydraulics ready and...
Time to start a build thread for the Red Texas car # 392.
I had taken it off the chassis a few months ago because it was on a swing axle chassis and I wanted an IRS.
While traveling on vacation at the beginning of June, I was able to pick up a new chassis in Pennsylvania while going up to see...
Here are pics of the lights.
The small one was already installed in the pod but I did notice numbers at the bottom of it that may help finding it. G0000041. It is fully enclosed with bulbs already installed.
Notice the hole in the reflector where the turn signal goes in. It came with all...
I have still not installed the nose on the car. It was warped way out. I tried using a clamp to squeeze the parts together over the course of a couple of days but ended up cracking the fiberglass where the clamp was. I should have put a piece of wood under the clamp. At least it was under the...
light pods completed
Light pods are complete and lights are back in. I also tested some side view LED's for Halo effect but I am trying to figure out how to get them installed just right.
Here are a few pictures.
Still a work in progress just not so much progress but a lot of work.
Finished installing the driver side drop floor pan last week. All welded in and both sides cleaned primed and undercoated inside and out. I used some air dry sealer around all seams and sealed up everything very well.
Wow only about 6 months to get the other side done.